Return to overview
Johann von Schwarz

The firm Johann von Schwarz ( Nürnberg 1802- 1885 Nürnberg ) was founded about 1859 in Nürnberg as a Specksteingasbrenner factory
1876 started with Terrakottawaren
1870 and onwards Marjolika and Kunstfayencen
The firm had 150 workers . After the dead of Johann in 1855 the sons( Benedict 1827-1895 and Ludwig 1828-1912 ) took the factory in there hands.
1895 the two sons of Benedict became co-owners ( George 1852-1906 and Benno 1861-1920 ) The first Jugendstil product where made in 1897.
The firm top designer from 1896 until 1906 was Carl Ludwig Luber who made beautiful plates and vases .
The closing date of the factory was1921

Items in our collection

J von Schwarz letter rack

date : 1900

designer : Carl Sigmund Luber

marked : nr. 650

width : 4.0 inch / 10.0 cm

J von Schwarz vase

date : 1900

designer : Carl Sigmund Luber

marked : 2346

height : 7.8 inch / 19.5 cm

J von Schwarz jardiniere

date : 1900

designer : Carl Sigmund Luber

marked : B 481 X 3178

width : 11.5 inch / 30.0 cm